Asp.net MVC Error: HTTP Error 403.14 - ForbiddenThe Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.
A default document is not configured for the requested URL, and directory browsing is not enabled on the server,
Description: i got this error when i tried to deployed the asp.net mvc application on the IIS 7.5. As IIS 7.5 is very different from IIS 6.0 some setting also differ.
It was working perfectly on IIS 6.0
System Configuration on which this error occurred
Windows 7 64 bit
Asp.net 2.0/3.5 with MVC 2
Solution: it worked for me, it may also work for you.
a) Set application pool to 32 bit:
- Open IIS,
- Select application pool option,
- Now on right side select the desired app pool,
- Now on right side bar. select option: "Advanced Settings..."
- There is option "Enable 32 bit application" set it to true:
- Now press ok.., Reset IIS
b) Set "managed pipline mode" to Classic:
if step a does not work. perform following.
- Double click the application pool
- select classic in "managed pipline mode" option.