Customer Experience Management (CXM) is a strategy and practice for managing customer
experiences online and offline to acquire, retain, and turn customers into satisfied, loyal brand
advocates and ambassadors.(Wiki)
I heard this acronym around 1.5 year back in a discussion and then found lots of information from Forrester and RealstoryGroup.
Some says" is nothing more than a feature arms race between companies that have latched onto a false "next big thing". These features were not developed in response to actual customer needs or requests. I never hear anyone talking about CXM except for CMS vendors and analysts."
Following example describe a particular experience of an user. and how different type of module/systems enhance the experience of user.
- Raj get to know of discount on newly launched restaurant in his Area via a Ad on search engine - Ads
- He browse the restaurant website on his Mobile. - Mobile Delivery
- Check few restaurant picture and details - DAM/MAM
- Then Browse the reviews of restaurant on the website and yelp!! - Reviews, Ratings
- Raj also checks restaurant 's Facebook page for more reviews. - Social Share, Social Listening.
- He finally calls their customer care to book the restaurant. - Customer care
- Customer buy the phone from the Website. E-commerce
- Website also add some loyalty points for his buying which could be later on used for buying some other product. - Loyalty management
- Share the review on website & his joy on Social media.
- On revisiting the website, website come up with accessories and other stuff related to his past browsing and buying experience. Personalization.
- Vendor sends him various coupons/products information or email on his mobile/mail - Coupon management, Campaigning
SDL Tridion as CXM Capabilities.